Chocolate & Spice

chocolate, spice and the other pleasures in life

Friday, September 01, 2006

Spring is in the air

Everyone has the same idea - enjoy the sunshine!
It seems like spring is here, right on the dot! There were subtle signs over the last couple of days that the cold days of winter will soon be behind us. On Wednesday as I was leaving class about 645pm, I noticed that the sky wasn't as dark as it had been during winter. Yesterday, Melbourne posted a max of 22'C and the oodles of sunshine that greeted me when I awoke, just called for a lunch picnic at my favourite spot in the Botanic Gardens (together with many other Melburnians!).

Today, Channel 7 News says that Melbourne is looking at a max of 23'C! Yippee! It's time to break out my skirts (without the addition of winter tights) and sandals from their lonely place in the cupboard where they have been languishing for the last 6 weeks. Knowing Melbourne's infamous 4 seasons in one day weather patterns, I'm hoping this nice warm spell keeps up till next week. For now, I'm going to enjoy all the best parts of spring today...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home